SS and I had a pleasant trip up north to Wellington and Porirua -stayed with Shane’s dad, met Sarah’s lovely Graeme and visited cafes, shops and the City Art Gallery.
This lovely Music World lady was decorating Shane’s dad shed. Some more lovely 1980s time capsule moments there.
Out there on the internet:
The beautiful people
- Tom Hardy – actor. Lovely lips, tastily literary name.
- NZ designer Lucie Boshier. I don’t believe the tall poppy syndrome is plaguing NZ, but there is definitely an anti-show pony sentiment. Her blog is on A List.
- JCVD (That’s Jean Claude Van Damme). Always my favourite of the martial arts action dudes (until the advent of Jet Li).
- Most beautiful wallpaper – starring the lovely Vargas girls
- Alan Cumming – and his fragrance Cumming
- Katy Brand – parodying Beyonce/Shakira and Kate Winslet
- Hedi Slimane – elegant designer who designed some Daft Punk robotic goodness.
- Gramercy Park Hotel – thanks to Fraserhead for the recommendation, absolutely swoonsome interior design.
Other good stuff:
Tiny Happy – lovely crafty blog
New discovery – Joseph Cornell assemblage artist
I don’t care about the slammin reviews, I want to see The Happening, and ace horror writer Kim Newman reverses the trend (I haven’t read this yet cos I don’t want spoilers).
And I still love The The (Matt Johnson). Best band name ever, and music that still gets me.
The Ngata English/Maori dictionary has this rather nice sentence to explain the word prostitute (kairau):
She worked as a prostitute to support her children. He kairau a ia kia ora ai ana tamariki. Something kind of PC and practical about that as a definition.
Want to have a photo in the Tate Gallery and in a book? Of course!